<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 16, 2005

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO CALL... 

We salute you, but I'm fine.

Yes, I felt the earthquake. It went a little something like this:

BOSSMAN: Blah de blah, seminar, blah de blah, edit blah...
DOOR: Rattle, rattle, rattle.
BM: Is that an earthquake...?
ME: Looking at coffee sloshing Uh, yep.
BM: Huh...
ME: Huh?
BM: Huh.
ME: Huh.

And that was the end of that.

I don't want to be smug, or tempt fate, or have the television fall over on my cat (though how much damage could a 12" TV/VCR combo do...?) but I kind of enjoy 'em.

Honestly, the only other one I noticed was back in the SuperCrap Bowl year of 2001-ish. It happened like this:

BED: Shake, shake, shake.
ME: Huh?! It's 3 AM. Why is my bed on the ocean...?
EARTH: (...)
ME: Zzzzzzz.
EARTH: Shakitty shaky shake. Shake your booty. Shake your BOOTY-!
ME: Huh?! It's 3:22 AM! FINE! I'll go stand in the doorway.
EARTH: (...)
ME: Zzzzzzing standing up.
EARTH: Boogie on down, down, boogie on down.
ME:*...why am I on a surfboard...?

God: dude. Okay, I get it. I feel You. Your awesome power, etc. etc. Now please. Knock it off. You're freaking out the cat.

Thank You. And you can stop calling now, Mom.

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO CALL...
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?