<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 22, 2005

ANNE R. KEY MADE ME DO IT 

I hardly ever respond to drive-by meme-ings, but I find this one halfway amusing because you're supposed to "list five songs you're really into," and I have had neither the budget, nor the interest, to purchase music since approximately 1986.

Either everyone else's priorities are out of whack, or mine are.

So here are my laughable five, and no, I won't tag people. You can tag and go chase yourself for all I care.

(You realize of course I had to look all these up, because I don't know who sang what song and where I heard them because I don't even have a functional radio anymore. And yes, I read by candlelight, and still churn my own butter.)

1. Kermit the Frog : The Rainbow Connection. Also "I Hope that Something Better Comes Along." Blow me if you don't dig a frog playing the banjo. "It's not often you see a guy that green have the blues that bad." - Rowlf the Dog

2. Bjork : Human Behavior. If you ever get close to a human/And human behavior/Be ready to get confused/There's definitely no logic/To human behavior...They're terribly moody/Then all of a sudden turn happy/There's no map/And a compass/Wouldn't help at all. So true. Was a toss up between this one and The Sugarcubes : Fucking in Rhythm and Sorrow: There is a naked person in my flat/He's got a weird expression on his face/Oh my god and jesus as well/...Goes out of the window and up on the roof/Naked man, naked man calm down!/I'll give you some strawberry cake...

I love their cute Icelandic misunderstanding of the English language.

3. Cat Stevens : Wild World. This is just about my favorite song, as it reminds me of growing up in the seventies, when my parents used to play it and blah blah. "...I'll always remember you like a child, girl." Unfortunately, I introduced it to this copycatty bitch who is no longer my friend, who hijacked it and said she wants it played at her funeral. Fuck people who try to steal your identity.

4. Rare Earth : I Just Want To Celebrate (Mocean Worker Remix) ...what the? Apparently I have to be bludgeoned with songs in order to like them. This is a damned catchy tune that has been bitch-slapping me on a near-daily basis for some time because it is going to be in the new Samuel L. Jackson/Eugene Levy film, THE MAN. It was also in the series finale of (see below.) Alright already, I get it. It's a good song.

5. Arcade Fire : Cold Wind. Played during the final moments of the semi-final episode of SIX FEET UNDER. Watched the series finale last night and was again hit over the head with the final song, Sia : Breathe Me.

See, I don't notice this stuff unless I'm whapped upside the head with it. Shit is good. But I'm devastated by the end of this show and these songs didn't help with all the emotional feelings 'n stuff.

If anyone would like to form a support group for Six Feet Under withdrawal, let me know. Meanwhile, I'll be sure to buy the got-damn soundtrack. It'll be the first CD I've purchased in years.

!@#$ing HBO.

ANNE R. KEY MADE ME DO IT
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?