<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 06, 2006

GOOD GRIEF 

Kind of blue. Not so much cornflower blue. More Midnight Blue. Ohhhhhhhh.

It's looking like Grandpa F's days are numbered (but aren't they all?) He's in a hospice. I'm already hunkered down for a funeral, but on the off chance he survives, hoping for the best. Whatever that means.

In the meanwhile, I'm having some awfully odd reactions to this news. I know we all grieve differently, but this is ridiculous:

WAYS I AM REACTING TO FIRST CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH DEATH OF AN IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER

And I'm 31. Cripes. Something to be said for dumb luck.


-Feeling very Irish-wakish: pathetically grateful he's had a long and mostly happy life and isn't in any pain, just basically propped up at this point
-Getting drunk and calling people
-Doing karaoke, except replacing most of the words with "something, something, words...awww, fACK."
-Getting Shipoopi! from THE MUSIC MAN stuck in head, which I hate
-Feeling like leaping up in air and clicking heels together like a freaking leprechaun while singing same
-Sitting on a park bench (how heavy is that shit?)
-Feeling like a dead duck
-Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come
-Wondering why mourning involves so many weirdo song lyrics
-Buying unnecessary lip gloss
-Buying more unnecessary lip gloss
-All things in excess! WoO!!
-Getting hair done so don't look like sh*t at funeral; then being happy no one has noticed damn $100 rat's nest (though this, in my book, is the mark of a good haircut.)
-Getting...other stuff
-The Raging Horn
-Having Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey, except about my grandpa.

(And I thought my ex was strange, when his father died, for getting a freaking TATTOO and wanting to...nevermind.)

So if I should disappear suddenly, you're probably safe to assume it's either a) funeral, or b) all of the above.

Thank you, drive through, and God bless America.

Fart.

GOOD GRIEF
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?